Prenatal Classes and Childbirth Education
Childbirth education is an important step in your pregnancy journey. It is an avenue to obtain current, evidence based information to ensure an optimal pregnancy and labour experience. Our goal is to provide teaching with the intent to increase your confidence to birth normally.
Why take a childbirth class? Here are just a few reasons:
- Increase knowledge of all aspects of pregnancy
- Provide an understanding of your options and choices
- Enhance your self-awareness and confidence
- Encourage networking and support from other parents
Topics in the class include (but are not restricted to):
- How to make pregnancy more comfortable
- Prenatal development
- Important nutritional choices during perinatal period
- What to expect through pregnancy
- Support options
- Pain relief techniques
- What to expect and how to prepare for labour and birth
- How to make informed decisions regarding medical procedures and interventions
- What you can do to have the best postpartum experience
- How to care for your new baby
- Benefits of breastfeeding and how to get started
Prenatal class for first time parents: 12 hours of class. Groups meet for 3 hours once a week for 4 weeks. Or, two 6 hour weekend sessions. Class sizes will be limited to 4 couples. $145 per couple.
Not a first time parent and it has been a while?! Take a Refresher course to be reminded of the essentials. One 3 hour session. $79 per couple.
If you prefer a one on one experience, private classes are available on a first come first serve basis subject to availability. A private class for one couple is $250.00 for 12 hours of instruction. Your class dates and times can be adjusted by request depending on scheduled class bookings.
If you are having difficulty achieving a good latch, are not sure if baby is getting enough milk, or just have question in general, then please book a one-on-one consultation with Janice. She will strive to help you obtain breastfeeding success. $75 for the first visit.Book now for a fun and interactive class experience with Janice Mountain!
When you are ready, call us to reserve your spot: 403-945-8265.